Benefits of Service Management include:
- Improved service quality
- Seamless Integrated processes across the business
- Faster, more reliable service delivery
- Improved efficiency and staff productivity
- Minimized operational risk and exposure
- Reduced costs
- IBM offers the broadest, deepest and most integrated service management capabilities
- ISM integrates Business and IT
- Supported by best practices, methodologies and Services across industries
- Service Delivery and Process Automation - improves service delivery through repeatable processes, and manages the lifecycle of configuration items and the assets they represent.
- Service Availability and Performance Management - monitoring and managing of the mainframe, including resources such as operating systems to middleware, databases and Websphere support
- Storage Management - provide customers with visibility, control and automation of all aspects of protecting data, managing storage infrastructure and resources, and controlling the information lifecycle:
- Security, Risk and Compliance - helps clients secure their assets while also meeting various rules and regulations.
- Data center Transformation - delivers power management capabilities that effectively "green" datacenters
- Asset and Financial Management - encompasses all types of IT (hardware to software) and enterprise (facilities to transportation) assets, and how to efficiently manage their operation and cost
- Network and Service Assurance - provides all aspects of managing networks and service quality.
IBM Service Management
End-to-End Service Management Using IBM Service Management Portfolio