This page lists such resources, along with websites that stock hindi DVDs not just from the current releases, but the real stuff of the past
- DeSi-RaDiO (Listen now!)- plays indian/pakistani songs. This is one of the better sites, with capability to search and request songs, view playlist and provides a list of newly added songs and albums. Since the model is request-queue, you may not always like the song.
- Radio Bollywood mantra - as the name suggets it caters, mostly, the latest stuff that bollywood spews out. Its not always to my liking, but I'm sure there must be some who fancy it. Winamp, Real, Windows Media
- Ishara.net - Not sure if it belongs to this category, but last I checked it had streaming videos of bollywood songs. Not a very well designed website though
- Radio Syberdentist - Yes, that's how it spelt. He calls his radio statio "Arrhythmia", and has about 3500 songs. The playlist repeats itself after about 4 hours, but there is some very likeable stuff there. I am not particulary impressed with the music quality, but then he's managing the station on his own. You can listen on modem quality (24 kpbs) or "broadband" (48 kbps)
- Radio Sur - there's some good stuff here. You can email to request songs.
- Radioteentaal - I looks that it's still under construction, but if you can look past the gaudy colours, you might find good quality music on here. Serves different bandwidths for Real, WinAmp, Windows Media and QuickTime, but sadly, you'd find the scratch DJ in odd places. Besides, the songs seem strangely remixed, so probably not for connossieurs.
- A1 SmashHits Radio - Not really my type, since it requires you to have a specific plugin than let you listen to a shoutcast stream, but it offers the capability to listen by genre, actor/actresses and even music director.
- Music India Online - Similar to A1 SmashHits, with a better collection. Again, requires a specific plugin to listen, but has less pop-ups
- Raaga - Probably the best among websites that provide a choice of genres. A useable interface (a first for Indian websites!)
- Play - As much as I'm angry at play for a meagre stock of hindi (or bollywood) movies, it probably has the biggest collection for any website that I've come across so far. Lets not forget the quality of service, and free delivery!
- Tesco - Just another option, I don't think much of the collection, and its more expensive than Play anyway.
- ChoicesDirect - poor man's DVD collection. Not sure why anyone would want to go here, but it's there.
- BollywoodDVDs - They need to work a lot on their website, but it seems to have a collection that rivals Play. They stock Jaane Bhi Do Yaroo hehe! Course Play.com beats them in most comparisons, but you'll find a lot of stuff here that Play doesn't have. There's free UK delivery as well!